.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

6 Days in and a hic-up :(

So almost everything is going to plan. I'm sticking to liquids although I am hankering for a ham and cheese toasted sandwich.

My problem lies with hunger pains. They have been waking me up in the wee hours of the morning for the last 3 nights now. The past 2 nights I have gone to bed with a protein shake near the bed to sip on through the night. If I try to ignore it the pain in my chest is so intense that I want to cry out. Has any one else experienced this?

I had to go into my Surgeons office this morning to pay my final account. While I was there Dr Martin was chatting to his receptionist. He asked how I was doing and took a look at my incisions (which are healing well), I told him about the night hunger and he was a little concerned that it could be something a little more sinister than starving to death. He wanted me to go and get an ultrasound to make sure I am not developing Gall Stones. Oh bugger.... Anyways after waiting 2 hours in the x-ray department at the hospital I got in for my Ultrasound. The sonographer said she could not see anything so hopefully it is all okay.

Man I would kill for a sandwich right now.

4 comments:

  1. On my liquids at the start all i craved was beans, avacado's on crackers. there was so much i wanted to eat but couldnt... hang in there, trust me, it all goes back to normal soon enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww hang in there!
    I hate those hunger pains :( hopefully it will get a bit better when you're on mushies
    Did you have these hunger pains when you were on optifast?
    Congrats with everything though! sounds like everything is going well
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it is hunger I hope the next food stage eases it, if it is something else, I hope the doctors can work it out soon for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nikki! I finally found your blog. I am so thankful you chose to share this all with us..it does help the ones that haven't had surgery yet. I am glad they didn't find gallstones..looking forward to reading! Heal quickly!

    ReplyDelete